Wearing your favorite jeans may cause discomfort by this time as your belly start to pout. Some pregnant women became attracted to see themselves at the mirror because of how their breasts appear.
At the 14th week of pregnancy, nausea and vomiting are now on the backstage, thus you’ll feel more energized.
At this stage of pregnancy, your baby is considered as a real individual as almost all the features were developed including the unique fingerprints. Other developments include;
- The bones start to harden and with calcium deposits. With this, the mother must take enough amount of calcium to support the bone development of the baby.
- It is also normal that the baby would put the thumb inside the mouth. Thumb sucking serves as an exercise that will help the baby to breathe and swallow after birth.
- Can make different facial expressions such as squinting, frowning, and grimacing.
- The baby is drinking the amniotic fluid, but there’s nothing to worry about because it is a harmless process needed for the development of the excretory system.
- The hair covering the head is becoming prominent. Likewise, the placenta provides all the needed nutrients required for the growth and development of the baby. The blood vessels in the placenta serve as the life support system of the baby. It is also the responsibility of the placenta to take in amino acids needed to make up protein essential for the development of the baby’s muscles and organs.
- The large vein present in the umbilical cord supplies oxygen-rich blood and nourishment to the baby.
- The placenta also supplies all the antibodies so that the baby can fight infections.
As the baby is developing at a faster rate, the size is almost 3 1/2 inches in length and weighs 1.5 ounces. The heartbeat is audible and can move around the uterus.
Changes in your body
The pelvic region has been filled by the uterus that’s why the abdomen also expands. The bump becomes noticeable as a proof of a growing baby inside the womb.
The early symptoms of pregnancy will disappear sooner, but new less troublesome symptoms will appear starting on the 14th week of pregnancy such as:
- Abdominal pain as the uterus expands and other pains associated with pregnancy. Keep in mind that all the expanding and stretching in the abdomen will cause pain.
- Pregnancy affects the production of tears as well as the shape of the eyes.
- A pregnant woman may also experience “pregnancy fog” that makes her forgetful. As the pregnancy advances on the third trimester the production of brain cells decreases.
- At this stage of pregnancy, hunger pangs attack. With this, you may eat more but make sure to eat healthy snacks and fruits.
- It’s about time to start exercising as your energy returns. You can take walks or start yoga that is good for both the baby and you.
- You will also notice new hair growing on your forehead. Pregnancy makes your hair shinier and thicker.
Aside from calcium, the growing baby also needs enough protein. That’s why it is important to include protein-rich food in your diet such as milk, milk products, cheese, nuts, seeds, and meat.
Be careful when you travel frequently. Avoid roads that are bumpy as it may cause trauma to your baby. Always maintain good hygiene and eat food that will improve your immunity. A pregnant woman becomes prone to infection that’s why you should avoid visiting or getting near to a sick family member or anyone.
Continue to practice Kegels to make your pelvic muscles strong throughout your pregnancy. Above all, you should spend time talking to your baby inside your womb.